What does light spotting for 7 days signify?

By Anonymous December 7, 2014 - 8:13pm

I had my last period on approximately November 14-17. Two weeks later i started bleeding lightly of a light brown color with some bright red blood. It does not fill up the panty liner and has lasted for seven days now. I took plan B on Thursday the 4th.

One of the main side effects of emergency contraception is spotting about 3-7 days after you take the medication.  

So you are experiencing this side effect now. 

Your next period may be irregular as a result of this medication but it should sort itself out within a month. I don;t think this is anything to worry about.