ask: what is/causes chocolate brown spotting a week before my period.

Hello,
I was on the pill since I was 14. I got off the pill almost two years ago. My hubby and I ttc 5 months before he deployed and now it's three cycles since he's been back. For the past three cycles I have been getting this chocolate brown spotting starting a week before my period. This month I started the spotting along with sore breasts and nausea. I usually have bad cramps the week before my period and during my period, but I haven't had any. I also had a LEP done about 5 years ago. I am concerned that there is something horribly wrong with me.

Mia L.

I went to the drs today and I am getting a blood test done. She said that it could be due to low progesterone or other things. I get the results on Monday and by that time I should know whether or not I'm preggers or my hormones are just going nutter butters

Anonymous

Hi Mia,

Well, shedding of the uterous is normal as we all get that from time to time. Let us know what the doctor tells you tomorrow. Your question will help others too.

Thank you and good luck!

Mia L.

I have a drs apt tomorrow, but when I talk to drs about this they always say it's normal, but I know my cycle and I know it's not! I get so frustrated!

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHer. Brown spotting is usually the leftover blood from your last period and this is common. Your body will release the leftover blood prior to your new period as it is just the shedding of the lining of your uterus.

Brown spotting, on the other hand, can mean trauma. Since you indicated that this happened the last three cycles of your period, you should consult your physician about the spotting. Can you make an appointment and keep us updated on the results?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: