What is wrong with me?

I've had my period every 2 weeks for the last 2 months now. I am sexually active and have been on birth control for 9 months. What is happening or what is wrong?

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHER. I'm sorry you're going through this issue. 

Some birth controls stop bleeding altogether, some can even cause increased bleeding.

What method of birth control are you using?

When using birth control, it's important to read all the paperwork that comes with it so you know of any potential side effects (like irregular bleeding). Read or google your method of birth control to see what side effects may be possible. 

If you are on the Pill, do you ever forget to take it? This can cause irregular bleeding. 

Also, has all this occurred after you started taking your birth control or has it happened before this?

It's a good idea to discuss this with your doctor; your current birth control may not be suitable for you. 

I take the pill and no this has started after I took the pill if never had this problem before.

I do forget to take it sometimes it's not often but if I do forget I take it later on in the day.

Hi again Anon

If you are not skipping a day, then you shouldn't be bleeding like this. It may be an unfortunate side effect of the pill you are on. You can talk to your doctor about other options but I would put a call in anyway, to check into this bleeding.