whats going on?

By Anonymous December 23, 2014 - 10:35am

I had unprotected sex on the 21 of December I took plan b on the 22 and my period is late it should of start the 21 is this normal? Or can I be pregnant?

Dear Anon,

Thank you for visiting the EmpowHER community and for sharing your question.

SInce you took the pill within 72 hours as the directions recommended, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. I am sure the pill did its job. 

The unfortunate thing about the morning after pill is that it will really mess up your period- sometimes even for 2-3 cycles! It is very normal for your period to be late and unpredictable this month. 

Try not to worry, it will come.

If it goes more than 7 days without your period, then call your doctor. But as for now, I am sure you are just fine.

Anon, did this help?