when does diane 35 start to protect you from pregnancy?

so i just started my diane 35 pack. this is originally for my acne but i use it as a form of contraception as well. ever since i started taking the pills, i've had unprotected sex. is there a chance of me getting pregnant even when i'm taking the pill? please help me. :(

Some pills can protect you from day one, but I looked up the instructions for Diane 35 and it states backup birth control should be used for the first seven days. 

Review the leaflet that came with your pills and call a pharmacist to confirm this. There may be a risk of pregnancy for you. 

We wish you the best!