ask: when does a uti occure if im pregnant.

i am woundering if i would know im pregnant before i got a uti from being pregnant, or if the uti would occure before i am a week pregnant?

my period came, and i feel as normal as ever, thank ouguys so so much from my bfriendand I.

Hi Misty,

You have to wait to miss a period before you can test for pregnancy so your answer will have a wait. Antibiotics will not alter a pregnancy test although, the symptoms of pain that you are having are common with a UTI so it could certainly be the side effect of that.

Since you took the precautions, you should be fine. Although the waiting game is the only option at this time.

Keep us posted.

thank you but, the problem is i dont know if im pregnant, i mean the day after sex i started having symptoms, and carried through the whole week, and went to the doctor and was told they are due to a uti, and ive been taking the meds given to me for two days now, and and the symptoms are staying the same, and now im havin small pains in my stomach area just under my naval. i dont know if the next choice pill i took worked even though i did precisely what it said. i mean i know for a fact that i have a uti, but dont know if im pregnant, i havent taken a test due to the uti, i dont know if it will alter it, plus i have not missed my period because it is not due untill the 23

A Urinary Tract Infection can occur at any time-- pregnant or not. So, it would be impossible for us to tell you whether you got it before or after you were already pregnant.

Here is some more information on UTI's:

Good Luck,

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :