Breathing Conditions

Breathing Conditions Guide

ask: When I wake up it feels like my organs are being/have been crushed...?

By lunalovegoodlvr

This happens just about every morning, but the sensation only lasts for about 10-30 minutes after I wake up, or until I forget about it. I'm 18, 5'9" and weigh ~140 pounds. I've been known to have breathing problems (asthma in the past, I took medication for it, then I began to have new breathing problems, they rediagnosed me as MISdiagnosed, took me off the asthma medication, and now I'm not on anything but my symptoms have decreased). Also, it doesn't seem to be a full bladder problem, as I go to the bathroom just before bed, and don't really have to go when I wake up. I generally sleep on my side, but my sleeping positions really vary (I never sleep on my stomach, though). I just thought it was some form of sleep apnea, because my mom used to say that I would breathe very slowly in my sleep. What do you all think?

Anonymous

If you have ever had work done on your teeth it very well could be the problem . I my self am 37 and the past 6 years found my self getting worse from them( root canale) if a tooth is bad it should come out plane and simple. Unless you can get ozone injected in it. Ower body will reject anything foreign. Maybe you wont experience anything right away but when your amune system gets tired you will.

Anonymous

I was born with three bizzare diseases but I've been feeling like my insides and organs are squished and almost bleeding and it's not a symptom of any of my autoimmune diseases or my neurological disorder which causes nerve pain. I'm 19 and 4'11 and 110 pounds and it's been getting worse and worse to the point where I haven't slept in two weeks. Honestly I don't think it's good to try and self diagnose from everything I've learned being in and out of hospitals my whole life. I would defiantly make a doctors appointment I'm going on for the same weird symptoms today actually

Anonymous

If any of you are females I have two thoughts for you one is focal nodular hyperplasia and adenomas both cause by birth control..read up on them and see if they fit I have fnh and I am in constant pain even in the morning when I wake

Anonymous

I. Wake up with icredible pain sensation that my organs are squished or so incredibly swollen. It makes me feel like I cannot go on. Not only that but my bones hurt also. My ribcage shoulders and legs. My face swells. Slightly enough I can notice. Through the years I have had fibromyalgia but I ve always told them I feel it has something to do with my spine. I've been tested for lupus I have elevated RH factor however not enough inflammation . Which I am not sure how much is enough.? Its hard to do anything!

Anonymous

Hello.
The problems you are experiencing sound like a combination of Sleep Apnea (stop breathing), hypopnea (shallow breathing) and Dysfunctional Breathing Disorder (breathing too much) while alseep.

The Apnea may not be severe enough to be classified as Sleep Apnea, so you may not be offered the treatment that you deserve.

Hypopnea is also seldom reconized, so, in order to ascertain that this is the possible cause, you will need to get your self to a top sleep clinic.

If you cant afford this, consider buying yourself a Contec Sleep Study Device that measures your pulse/oxygen saturation and nasal air flow. This should go a long way in obtaining a correct diagnosis (in a world full of questionable medical professionals).

It is also possible to rent fairly good polysomography sleep study equipment, that you can use for several days before returning.
Doing so will be more cost effective than going in for a single sleep study.

If you have dysfunctional breathing syndrome/asthma, it may be worth buying a frolov breathing retraining device.
I have recently discovered, which looks promising.
I could not tell you how effective this device is. the inventor says that it is 100% effective.

I too think I am suffering from all 3 conditions,
I wake up on a daily basis, feeling like my insides have been used as a punch bag and my spinal collumn feels like it has been pulled out through my nose and shoved back in.

Apparently these feelings are caused by a desaturation in oxygen and a deficiency in CO2 caused by over breathing (hyperventilating) caused by dysfunctional breathing.

The frolov device is supposed to retrain the way that we breath, so that we breath in a more balanced way.

Sorry, forgot to mention.
As well as the frolov retraining device.
You should be able to get a good sleep technichian / doctor to prescribe for you an APAP machine, which will assist you in your breathing while a sleep.

The combination of both these devices, should cure your sleep problems.
Good Luck

Anonymous

im having that problem too, im 15 5'4 and 116 pounds. It's like a weird pain in my lower abdomen though. At first i thought that it was my period but i shouldn't have gotten my period yet.... im not pregnant either... S if you think that you have any ideal on whats going on feel free to say your opinion..

lunalovegoodlvr

So, this might not explain things for everyone, but I think I've recently found an answer! I've recently been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst on the right side, and the pain woke me up last night on the left side. I've had strange side effects the past few weeks: I thought I had a bladder infection (and antibiotics didn't help the side effects), but apparently it was just the pressure of this cyst pressing against my bladder and urinary tract. It seems to me that these cysts not only come and go as they please, but also have a variety of strange side effects. If any of you are still feeling this kind of discomfort, ask your OBGYN about it the next time you go!

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide (reply to lunalovegoodlvr)

lunalovegoodlvr - Thanks for the update. It must feel good to have this information. There are several different types of ovarian cysts and you may find it helpful to review this information: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ovarian_cysts/article_em.htm

Anonymous

Hi there I think I am having something similar to this, intermittently for the last few years, but a lot in the last week or so, leading me to search for this.

With me the area is on the left hand side of my chest just inside my lowest rib. I would have described it as almost having something stuck in my rib or as if one of my organs was being just about held in place with the sensation that it might pop up between my ribcage and my skin and float around like a ping pong ball under my skin. Wierd I know.

For me this is a discomfort and an annoyance, I used to get it during the night and could never figure out if I had dreamt about it or not as there was no pain just an uncomfartable feeling. Gonna see how it goes for a few days and see what my doc thinks then,

Cheers,
Pat