When should I seek medical health for an ovarian cyst?

By February 11, 2016 - 3:00pm

Back in November a doctor diagnosed me with having an ovarian cyst after reviewing an ultrasound. I had a follow up appointment with my primary care physician and she said it should go away on its own. The past week I have had a sharp pain on my right side that comes and goes. I am just wondering if it could be something more serious or if this is normal with ovarian cysts. I have been worried since it had been going on for awhile now.

Hi catie123

Most cysts do go away on their own and many times you can't even feel them dissipate. But some can burst and be quite painful. Even then it's not usually serious but since this pain has been going on for a week, there is no harm in putting a call into to your doctor. Some cysts need to be removed.

In the meantime, take a look at our Cyst page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/ovarian-cysts

I hope you feel better soon,

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide