When will I ovulate?

By Anonymous April 1, 2016 - 3:15am

So I have a long cycle of about 35-40 days. I was just wondering, is it possible to ovulate while on your period as while I was menstruating I got a mild pain in my right side occasionally. Also, if you have a long cycle, is it possible to ovulate straight after your period has finished? Many thanks

You don't ovulate on your period. Your period is where the lining of the uterus is evacuated because the egg released during ovulation was not fertilized.

A long cycle indicates you would ovulate around days 17-20 of your cycle. A regular cycle would be around day 14.

Of course this is talking about the average woman - all women are individuals and have different cycles. As to your question - when when you ovulate...we have no idea.

I would think your mild pain during your period was regular menstrual cramps.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/infertility-fertility/content/10-interesting-facts-you-probably-didnt-know-about-ovulation