Why am I bleeding 8 days after my finished period?

By Anonymous January 22, 2015 - 4:24am

I just finished my period 8 days ago and starting today I am now spotting and having abdominal pain mostly on my left side. I did take the Take Action morning after pill 6 days ago could this be why I'm having abdominal pain & bleeding again? Should I be worried?

Take Action is a generic form of Plan B One-Step. Side effects include lower abdominal pain, breast tenderness, and unexpected bleeding. These symptoms should stop within a day or two. The pills might also cause your next period to come early or late. These symptoms are not serious and nothing to worry about.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks so much!