Why don't I get my period anymore?

I'm 15 and I had my first period at 12. It came pretty regularly, and then it just stopped at least a year ago. I'm scared to tell my mom/doctor. What does this mean?

Periods are generally 3-7 days long with a cycle of between 21-35 days so as you can see there is a big "average" there.

Life can also change our cycles - anything from lifestyle changes to stress to getting older to diet/exercise, medications and hormone changes can affect our cycle. You will probably settle back down to a regular cycle and it could last for years. Then you might see changes again.

So our cycle at 13 is different to 18 and our cycles at 30 are different at 45. The body never changes so our cycles are the same way.

But since you haven't had a period in a year, this is something that should be checked out. You may have a hormonal imbalance that needs to be looked into. I know these things aren't easy to discuss but it's nothing a doctor hasn't heard before and some simple blood tests will let you and your doctor know more. Talk to your mom and have her bring you in. When body parts aren't working properly, we need to have them checked out and your cycle is no different.