Why is my period bright red at the end of my period?

I had an on-time normal period that started out red and turned to dark red and it was almost over...using only a liner that wasn't getting any blood and now I am having bright red blood again. I'm 31 years old, no new changes and not using birth control. Why am I bleeding bright red again after my period?

Thanks for your post and welcome! 

Our period can vary month to month or over time. Sometimes we think we're all finished and it comes back for a day or two, looking almost like the first day. This isn't anything to be concerned about. 

Read more about your menstrual cycle here: