why is my period delaying?

i had unprotected sex on 27 Oct, however as of yesterday my pregnancy test is showing negative but I had most of the pregnancy symptoms as well. My period should be on 7 th of October. I did not have my period yet. I am stressed because of this and scared now for pregnancy
Please advice

Since your test is negative you aren't likely to be pregnant. Your period may be delayed due to stress from wondering if you're pregnant or due to a hormonal upset. If you haven't had it by next week you can test again.

Thank you Susan,
I would like to highlight my abortion on last week of September and I had my period after abortion on 7th October (Bleeding continued for 4 days) . That is why, I am expecting my period by this week. I am really confused by this issue now.

Kindly clarify on my issue. Many thanks

I cannot clarify on this, we are not doctors and cannot examine you.

A pregnancy and subsequent abortion can lead to a delayed period or an irregular period for a few months. This may be what is going on. I have no idea why you are having unprotected sex within a few weeks of having an abortion, I think you need to really evaluate your actions.

It's a good idea to talk to your doctor for your concerns.