Why is my period going out of control?

I started staining my pad with brownish stuff for two-three days then i got my period for three days, then it went away and it came back the next day! whats going on?

Its the first time this happens to me and I'm 23 years old! I know diabetes runs in my family so it can be that..

A woman's menstrual cycle is regulated by hormones. An imbalance in hormone levels causes changes in your period.

Perimenopause, diabetes and thyroid issues are just three conditions that can cause changes in your hormone levels.

This may be a one time occurrence. But, should you continue to have irregular periods, talk with your gynecologist or primary care physician.