Why is my period late?

I am a teen and I only started my period last month this I was supposed to start it August 3 but it still has not come

Welcome to EmpowHER. It is not unusual for your menstrual cycle to be irregular when you have just begun to menstruate. As the hormones that regulate your menstrual cycle get regular, so will your menstrual cycles.

As long as you do not have unprotected sexual intercourse, there is nothing to worry about. In a few months, your menstrual cycle should become more regular. Use a calendar to keep track.