Why is my period late? Is it because I am pregnant or getting used to the pills I took?

By March 10, 2016 - 5:30pm

My last period was 2 Feb 2016 (this is already a late period as I counted it 37 days when my usual is 31 days) and it lasted 8 Feb 2016. I had PROTECTED SEX 14 Feb 2016 and after 5 hours to be exact I bought and took ECP - Trust Pill just so to be sure that I won't get pregnant as to be honest the sex was just once and won't happen again. As per my previous prescription (2 pills 3x a day) I took 2 pills every before meal. Since I only took the white pills, I finished my first pack in 3 days and decided to continue taking 1pill same time everyday for 21 days. I have finished my second pack already Mar 9, 2016. and I stop taking since then since I am not sexually active person.

As for my period, I actually expected it around March 4 (31 days) & March 10 (37 days) - Today is March 11 - I did an HCG PT just this morning and it came out NEGATIVE.

I am already quite worried and frustrated. I believe I am not pregnant and that I am just stressing that is why my period is late. Also another reason is that my body is adjusting to the pills i took. But I could be wrong. If my period doesn't arrive within the weekend I might consult a doctor.

But please help me understand so I could be calm and not worry not get frustrated.

Hi Camiluuuv!

If your test was negative then you're not likely to be pregnant - the delay may be due to taking the (unnecessary) emergency pill - this is a common side effect.

Keep us posted on how the doctor visit goes.

You can read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills