Why is my skin so dry after having a hysterectomy?

By July 15, 2014 - 12:06am

I recently had a hysterectomy and now my skin is very dry. Why did my skin get so dry, is it because of the hysterectomy?

Hi Jessica

Thanks for your post and I am sorry you've been experiencingthis kind of discomfort since your hysterectomy.

Dry skin is a common side effect of a hysterectomy - the issue is with our hormones. We lose our strong estrogen levels during and after menopause. We never realize wonderful estrogen can be until we lose it. 

EmpowHER's founder Michelle King Robson went through this and posed the same question - here are the helpful replies and solutions: 

Let us know what you think!