Why is there heavy bleeding and pain during periods after taking ipill???

By June 16, 2015 - 1:02am

My gf and I had unprotected sex but I didn't cm inside her. But still, for safety reasons she took an ipill within 3 hours. After that, she's having a 2 week delayed period and its very different. She is having a lot of bleeding and body ache? Why is this happening or is it just a side effect of the pill??? Please help.

Hi Drummerzone

Yes, this bleeding is likely a side effect of ipills. It may take another month for her cycle to sort itself out and it may be a few more days before this bleeding stops.
In future, use a condom so she does not have to go through this.