Will me and my ex's get back together

My ex broke up with me last Sunday, his reason was things wasn't the same we need time. But i'm wondering how much time do he need. I haven't seen him since that happened but, I asked him do he think we gon get back together he said he didn't know right now. He is confusing me because, He texted my phone this Friday and told me that he loved me. But he hasn't text me since than I kind of miss him and want him back... So how can I get my ex's back?

Dear Anon

Welcome to EmpowHer!

If he broke up with you, then the relationship is over, at least for now. I am not sure why he'd text you and tell you he loves you. This is not appropriate behavior and you need to talk to him and solve these problems or block him from contacting you like this. Breaking up with you and then texting you like that is immature and unfair.

You might want to have a sit down conversation with him and get to the bottom of why he is re-establishing contact after breaking up with you. He may have realized he made a mistake or he may be playing games with you and that needs to stop.

Ask to meet him for coffee and between you, make a decision on whether to work on making the relationship work, or end it and move on, separately. Anything else is going to be confusing and a cause for unnecessary drama.

Whichever decision you make, I hope you are happy! We wish your the best!