Is blood clots during a nosebleed normal?

I am 21 and this morning my nose started bleeding. I bled for over 20 minutes, heavily, and the blood was bright red. About 15 mins into the nosebleed, i felt like something was stuck at the back of my nose/throat. When I lifted my head, I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out and it was a bright red blod clot. What's wrong with me?

Me back, from comment no.80. Exciting news, as i used Mucosolvan syrop (an expectorant that liquefies mucus in trachea and bronchi-i'm not trying to advertise anything here) , on a cotton stick. This made the whole pile of dried blood ,inside both nostrums to disappear 70% in just one day, without having my nose bleeding again. I hope i was kind of helpful and this will not happen to me again, as i will extremely careful with anticoagulants from now on. :)

I had a severe nosebleed 24 hrs ago, which lasted more than 2 hrs...i know all about the reasons it happens. I take one aspirin every day , so this makes clotting difficult. Now i have a huge clot stuffing both nostrums(i have a hole at my nose bone, so both nostrums communicate. Problem is ,how long should i wait in order to get rid of this clot. Happened in the past (8years ago) and i removed it using a cotton stick 3 days later...thanks and take care

My Grandma use this remendy when we have bleeding nose as a kid
She will chop up some Chives and battered with 1 egg
a tiny bit of salt
Fry it and make us eat it
Believe it or not very seldom do we have bleeding nose

My dughter is 8 she has had nose bleeds since she was 3. When she was 4 sge bleed for like 30 min. i tooj her to the emergency room because it would not stop it stoped on the way over there by the time a doctor saw her they said it was that her vains in her nose so small, thin, and delicate.
I showed them the clots that were coming and the said it was just a phlem. They did not even ran tests on the clots. They just said to ice her nose by the next time so it can frezze the blood.
Up till now she still gets those nasty nise bleeda that wont stop until the clot (phlem) comes out.
Do you all think that is true or should i be woried about that.

It is a sign your brain is being blocked or is opening up. No cause for alarm. My whole right side of my brain was being pretty suffocated. <3 Bless. Walking. Self awareness. healthy eating, attaining a healthy weight is your best bet. Your spine is the culprit. Best wishes. #Experience #DdragonLOL

Hey, i am currently 13 and used to expirence heavy nose bleeds and clotting. I would get one about 5 times a week and each one would last about 20min of non stop heavy bleeding. I then came home from a bike ride and my nose began to bleed but this time for two hours, non stop. It was then that my parents decided to take me to the doctor. He said that one of the reasons is that i have a slight deviated septum which can cause frequent nose bleeds. We then went to a specialist who said that it was just because i was young. He quarterized my nose and that stopped the bleeding for about 6 months. Only now has it started coming back. Anyway there’s my story. Hope this helped or related to someone

My son had a few nose bleeds before sometimes frequent with large gaps before they reoccur.He's down with a cold, joint pain,throbbing headache, nose bleeds with some clots. Can you offer any suggestions?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Mzikkaize)

Hello Mzikkaize

Do you have a whole house dehumidifier? Or at least a humidifier in his room? You may find it helps.
My daughter suffers frequent nosebleeds too - we took her to the doctor who said she'll likely grow out of it. Time will tell, I suppose. It has been going on for well over a year.

I used to get nosebleeds alot when I was younger. Everytime I get nose bleeds I always have huge Blood Clots come out. Im 15 now and still get them and I'm still alive. I don't think it's something to worry about. I always thought it was normal.

I am 20 yr old and ever since I could remember I've had spontaneous nosebleeds whether it was because there was too much heat or too cold. There have also been times when I have touched my nose the slightest bit and started bleeding, anyway it seems to be a genetic thing in my family, possibly hemophilia... Do not worry, I have had it for a long time, yet I'm still here. Blood clots coming out through my nose and mouth, like worms. Doctors seem to be shitty at detecting the cause or doing anything about it, I know. My mom tells me she thinks it's great that I get them bc I do suffer from chronic headaches/migraines(unknown cause), and sometimes it seems as though it were my body's way of regulating itself. I do, however, fear a stroke in the future.

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed Guide