Q: 

HOW EFFECTIVE WILL POSTINOR-2 BE IF I TOOK ONLY ONE PILL AND FORGOT THE OTHER ONE.

By Anonymous January 5, 2015 - 7:40am

Anonymous

I was meant to take my second dose after 12hours cos it was 12md I used the 1st dose, but unfortunately I woke up 2:30am which I have used the next dose.please hope it's still effective

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi,

You will have to wait and see. If you took the second dose, even if late, you might be ok. A pregnancy test would be accurate 14-21 days after sex.

Helena

Anonymous

Taken postinor 2, 1 tablet immediately and forgot to take d 2nd pill what will happen cos I remember after six days now ND I believe it won't work so I decided not to take it.
Tanx awaiting ur response

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello,

Both tablets are meant to be taken for effectiveness, so there may be some risk of pregnancy.

Helena

Anonymous

Hi,
I just took one tablet postinor2 12 hours ago, now after 12hours should be take the second tablet right? By the way, I was having like diarrhoea after the first pill. Is it still effective? What should I do now? Pls help. looking forward to hear from you. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

Hello Anon
Yes, take the second pill after 12 or now if you haven't. Diarrhea may be a side effect - take the medication anyway and an over-the-counter medication for diarrhea if it doesn't stop soon.

Anonymous

ad unprotected sex and I took a tablet of postinor10 hoping to use the second one within 12 hours but I had another unprotected sex again and took another tablet of postinor10.. am I safe or should I use another table

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

What do you mean by Postinor 10? There is 1 pill in the single dose pack. You have to take the pill within 72 hours of having unprotected sex.

For the 2 tablets version of Postinor: take the second tablet 12 hours after the first.

You should not take more than the recommended dose. Be sure to read the information that comes with the pills so you know what to expect.

Helena

Anonymous

My girl taken 2 pills once. What should I do please help?