Q: 

How many days will sperm survive in a woman on birth control?

I started birth control a month and a half ago. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex for two weeks, I was taking my pill perfectly the entire time, exact time and everything. However, I begin to get an extremely irregular period that lasted about 2 weeks (normally have 5 day long periods). So I stopped taking that birth control for 3 days of of fear! We had sex last on Thursday the 25th of June at about 8 p.m the last birth control pill I took was on Sunday the 28th of June, (those three days after we had sex last, I took the pill perfectly). I missed, Mon the 29th, tues the 30th, and weds the 1st and on Thursday took 2 pills, and started taking them regularly again. My concern is that I may be pregnant, because sperm can survive inside me for 5 consecutive days. We did not have any sex at all after the 25th. Is it extremely likely I am pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello um so i started a New pack of pills last sunday this is my second pack im takeing them in the morning
My question is me and my bf had unprotected sex on day seven of tge pills and i have a bit of blood should i be worried i might be with child or no last month i got my period it only last two days and the spoting is two weeks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

So, this is your second month on the pill? It's not unusual to have spotting or a light period when beginning BC as your body adjusts. It's recommended (when you first start taking the pill) waiting at least 7 days before having sex. Which you pretty much did. If you are worried, take a pregnancy test.

Helena

Anonymous

Me and my bf had sex but that morning i took my pill, but after that I forgot to take my pills for a long time. Is there a chance of pregnancy due to sperm living in the female body up to 5 days and those 5 days I didn’t take the pill? (We didn’t have sex after that day but still curious if there’s a chance since sperm lives a while after)

Hello Anon
Yes, there is some small risk since you may have ovulated in the few days after taking the one pill, since you did not take several after.

Anonymous

hi! i had my menstration october 10 ended at october 14.Had sex october 15 and sixteen however we did'nt used any contraceptives and no withdrawal also. my question is will i get pregnant?

Anonymous

Took my pills midcycle, last sex was sept 3 and took my last pill until sept 8. I had withdrawal bleed on sept 14 but only last for 1 m which is unusual. On oct 2 and oct 10 i took pregnancy test it is negative. Can i rely on it. I was supposed to have my period yesterday but it hadnt come.

Anonymous

I took a birth control pills and finished it until the last tablet, after that I didn't take again for more than 2 weeks but since me and my partner haven't had sex that time coz i went back to the province. I was expecting my menstruation last week but it didn't come. My partner suggested to buy another pack of pill and I was taking it now. I wonder if I'am pregnant because my didn't come until now or it was just the effect of the pills making my period irregular? I wanna know thanks. I'm afraid to take a pregnancy test because I just gave birth last May 2017.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Taking a pregnancy test is the only way to know.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex May 27 and my ovulation is on May 31 (based on an app I use). Problem is, the last time I had pill is on the night of May 26. I only happened to remember taking it few hours ago. So technically speaking I missed two pills. Today I started breakthrough bleeding.

Could I be pregnant? What do I do? Please help.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The breakthrough bleeding confirms that you did not become pregnant.

Regards,