Q: 

Is it really ok that I am positive for Trichomoniasis and my boyfriend is negative??

By January 1, 2018 - 9:39am

I was diagnosed with this last week and was given 2 Grams of Flagyl antibiotic. I told my boyfriend and he went to his doctor (thats where he feels comfortable) and his doctor performed a urine and penial analysis. His test came back negative? So he was not treated. We both have not cheated and have been together a year this month.

I am going back to the doctors today at 3pm because I dont think the medicine is working for me because as of yesterday I am having a thick discharge. ((Sorry if its t.m.i))

When I called my doctor they said I may need to take the treatment 2 pills a day for 7 days.

What do you think??
Is it normal that my boyfriend is negative and not medicated but I am positive and have to be treated??

Anonymous

I thought my fiance had an std in the past after our second year together but she just had a bad yeast infection and I tested negative for everything. She had my son the year before that and was negative for everything. we been only excusively having sex with each other and she gets a check up every year. Just yesterday she gets a call saying she has trich and now Im all kind of low down dogs even though I know I only have sex with her and my hand.I stopped at a clinic on the way to work and they said everything was negative. plus last month i did my yearly check up and nothing came back. Could she have had it this whole 7 yrs gave birth and everything and it not show up? Could it be a false positive and I had false negatives this whole time. She really dont have the time to be messing around and neither do I. We dont use damp towels thatsvent been in a pool in 5 been outside our house, we dont sit injacuzzis and we havent been in a pool for 5 yrs. Does anybody have answers because Shes going ballistic and Im trying to stay calm and not accuse her or react in a negative fashion being that I know i havent done anything and have tested negative for everything in the last seven years

Hello Anon
We don't have answers for your particular case, only that this seems to happen in life, based on the experiences of readers on this thread. It's possible to have an STI for years without it showing up. In pregnancy, a woman is tested for herpes and HIV but not all STI's.

I WOULD LIKE YOU AND EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT MEN WHO HAVE TRICH CAN NEVER BE DIAGNOSED. AND MY NURSE HAD TOLD ME THIS. AS I HAD SEX FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER 3 MONTH'S WITH SOMEONE I HAD NEVER HAD SEX WITH AND THE VERY NEXT DAY I NOTICED GREEN DISCHARGE..I THEN WENT TO THE CLINIC THE NEXT DAY AND THE NURSE HAD TOLD ME I HAVE TRICH (AS SHE SAW UNDER THE MICROSCOPE THAT DAY). SHE TOLD ME EVEN IF A MAN HAS TRICH THEIR RESULTS WILL SHOW UP AS NEGATIVE, AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE I HAD SEX WITH FOR THE FIRST TIME..HE GOT TESTED AND CAME BACK NEGATIVE BUT I KNOW HE HAD IT AS I WAS CLEAR FROM ALL STI AS I GOT TESTED 3 MONTHS EARLIER..HE GAVE ME TRICH. THE NURSE HAD TOLD ME IT'S HARD FOR MEN TO GET TESTED AS IT'S DEEP INSIDE THE BLADDER... SO ALL YOU FEMALES THAT HAVE TRICH..YOUR MAN DEFO GAVE IT YOU...UNLESS YOU HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER MEN AND CHEATED...I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PERSON THAT HAD TESTED YOU DID NOT GIVE YOU THIS INFORMATION AS STRAIGHT AWAY MY NURSE HAD SAID I NEED TO TELL MY PARTNER AND HE WILL GET MEDS STRAIGHT AWAY ...AND HE DID EVEN ..THOUGH HIS RESULTS CAME UP NEGATIVE... SO I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU AGAIN THAT YOUR PARTNER DEFO GAVE YOU TRICH... BECAUSE A MAN CAN GIVE IT TO A MAN AND A WOMAN CAN GET IT FROM ANOTHER WOMEN AND ALSO A MAN WILL MOSTLY SHOW UP NEGATIVE ON THE TEST RESULTS. MY NURSE GAVE MY ALL THE INFORMATION AND I'M STILL SO APPALLED AS TO WHY THE NURSE DIDN'T TEST YOUR MALE PARTNER EVEN IF HE CAME BACK NEGATIVE. HE NEEDS TO BE TREATED SO YOU DON'T HAVE TRICH ANYMORE.

Anonymous

Hi I'm in the same boat I got a phone call from my doctor saying I'm positive for trich my boyfriend got a test his results were negative I haven't had sex with anyone but him please help me understand this I tried to kill this man because I thought he gave me a STD but it turns out I'm POSITIVE an he's NEGATIVE howww?

Something in mens semen kills it from what ive read. They can fight in naturally. We cant

Anonymous

My husband was just diagnosed with Trich. Of course the first thing he asks me is if I cheated. WTH? We have been married for 22 years and I have never slept with anyone else. He swears he hasn't either. I just had a Pap smear less than a month ago and I have NO signs of Trich. How is this possible?

If your husband has it and you dont most likely he bc men only catch it from woman.

That isnt true... in the case that women get trich all the time... from men.

Anonymous

I just found out today I have Trich. I had a miscarriage about 14 weeks ago and I am now 7 weeks pregnant again. I have had the same partner for a year and a half. I was wondering if it was possible that I got this before the first baby or if he could have had it and not transmitted it until now? I am sure he has been faithful but because of this I am really upset.

Anonymous

Trich can happen without any cheating happening. It can occur after using a damp towel to clean yourself, using a rag or piece of clothing to clean yourself after intercourse and even after a miscarriage. Everyone assumes it happens due to cheating. That isn't always the case.

Trichomoniasis

Trichomoniasis Guide