Q: 

Just in the last 2 days I have been experiencing a warm sensation that happens periodically throughout the day in my right lower butt cheek very close to the vagina. There is no pain anywhere just feels like something warm was poured in that area.

By Anonymous April 7, 2010 - 6:20pm

Anonymous

I have been having the exact same feeling for over 2 weeks now. Has anyone found out what was the cause?

Anonymous

I'm a male (most of the comments seem to be from females) and I've been getting it in my lower right cheek too - I thought I was having some sort of leakage but after reaching down a few times to check I realized there's no liquid. I also have trigeminal neuralgia and have had it for years - no neuralgia flare-ups since I started smoking pot though. I do however suffer from constipation and some of it's side-effects. My sister is a nurse and mentioned I might have a 'pocket' in my colon and obviously with the constipation there is pressure in there so the pinched nerve theory sounds likely. Although I went through MS testing after my neuralgia diagnosis I am considering doing it again. I have had funny stuff going on with my right ear too - like it's clogged with water and the hearing kind of flutters in and out periodically - I doubt it's related but mentioning it in case any of you have had this too.

Anonymous

I didn't think there would be anyone else who experienced this , I've had the same thing for about a week and a half now. There's no pain whatsoever, it's just a warm sensation on the surface. First time it happened I actually thought I'd wet myself without realising ! No idea what it is.

SAME HERE!!! I was sure I wet myself.. I got up, touched looked... nothing. Just feels like hot coffee poured on you but under the skin near my vagina, me it's my lower left bum cheek..

I’m currently experiencing a fairly warm, not burning, wet sensation that mostly radiates from my right buttock down the right/ back side of thigh to outter calf then thru to the foot arch. I don’t feel it go past my knees or over my ankle. It’s so strange.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello, Anon!

These symptoms are very broad and so it's hard to tell what you may be dealing with. Some type of infection is a possibility. A warm or burning sensation can sometimes be an indicator of diabetes, muscle problems, or nerve issues. If this continues, see your doctor.

Helena

Anonymous

I’ve got this feeling for about a week now and I think it’s because of too much yoga I made these months. I’m trying to fix an anterior pelvic tilt and I’ve probably overtrained, so now I got a bit of pain right of my lower back, so the ‘warm liquid feel’ between both of my buttocks is probably caused by disk/nerve that I pushed too much.
Couldn’t say for sure, because about a year ago I went through a fistula surgery and hope it’s not that thing coming back... ;(
Does anyone relate to these possible causes?

Anonymous

I've been experiencing this sensation for about a week now. I must say that just hearing others describe this same weird sensation is somewhat comforting. I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't seem to be too threatening. I chalked it up to just one more of those things that come with aging.

Anonymous

Anyone consider seeing a chiropractor? I've had odd pains and feelings a doctor could not sort out. But my chiropractor fixed me up.

Anonymous

FWIW, and I am not a doctor, I've had this sensation, almost like I spilled coffee on myself or maybe peed(!) and it turned out to be a bulging disk in my spine rubbing against the nerve that runs through the area where I was feeling the "heat/wet." MRI indicated it was not worth treating, the swelling of the disk subsided and the phantom feelings went away.