Q: 

My period is late after taking Postinor 2

By January 20, 2017 - 8:10pm

Hello,
I was on my 6th day of my cycle (just finishing my period). The condom split so I took the first tablet of postinor2 2 hours later (1am). We then had unprotected sex 6 hours later (7am). I took the 2nd postinor tablet 3 hours later(10am).
8 days later I had heavy bleeding lasting 4 days. Firstly, is this a sign that postinor worked?
Since then i have had no sign of my period.
In the last 2 weeks (aboit 22nd day of cycle) I have had the flu and been unwell. This has all made me quite anxious.
My period cycle is quite irregular.
Thanks for your help in advance

Anonymous

Hello Helena,
I had sex with my girlfriend for twice in a row on 25th May with both times wearing condom, this is around 2-4 days before her ovulation. But however, after the first ejaculation, I took the condom off and change it but while changing I've accidentally touched the penis
and touched the condom. There's no ejaculation inside her. We didn't have doubts at the first place but start worrying after one day and took Postinor 2 around the 40th hour. Days later she had a heavy bleeding. Then, 5 days before of her period (14th of June), I only rubbed on her vagina without penetration.Today is 18th June, four days late and her period has not yet come, we are both worried right now but is there a chance of getting pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi,

If there was no ejaculation, there was no pregnancy worry. Taking ECP is likely why her period is late.

Helena

Anonymous

Hello Helena

I took postunor 2 on the 24th of May 2018 and bled for two days. My period was due on 7th June 2018 but has not yet come making me one week late. I took two home PT tests and both are negative. What could be the problem? I am not a regular user

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

As you can see by the many comments in this thread, ECP can cause your period to be late. A pregnancy test is recommended if your period does not come within a week of its expected date, which you did.

Helena

Anonymous

Hi, my last period cycles from 6th - 11 of may. i had sex with my bf on 26th of may morning and the condom split. And at night we had sex without condom and he had it inside me 2x and then i took postinor few hours after we had sex, but my period haven't come. And i sometimes feel sick and cramp my period should start today (3rd of june ) but it haven't started. What should i do

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

There is nothing to do but wait. As you can see by the many comments in this thread, ECP can cause your period to be late. A pregnancy test can give you peace of mind. They are accurate 14-21 days after sex.

Helena

Anonymous

Hello. Last period is on 29th April. I had sex on the 12th May 3am and another at 6am. Tried pulled out method but still worried so taken postinor 2 at 10pm. On the 15th of May got light brown discharge for 3 days, after that got white discharge from 17th May until 25th May, next i got watery discharge from 25th may till today. Suppose to get period on the 27th but not getting it. got mild headache from yesterday and today. Not sure if i'm pregnant or the effect of the postinor 2? Thanks

Anonymous

I had sex with my gf within a 3 days period and she took postinor 2 for the first and second day all within 24hrs but didn't take on the third day since I didn't ejaculate into her and after 3 days she started bleeding. Now she was suppose to get her period on the 15th of May, 2018 but it hasn't come and her breast is tender. please is she pregnant?

Anonymous

My girlfriend and i had sex with condoms thrice in a week..
And she took postinor twice .
Now she hasn't seen her period for days now...the previous month she saw her normal period.the next week in that same month,there was some slight blood flow which was abnormal.
She has used the PT strip test twice but it came out negative ...it's been about 5 days and she's missing her period.
What could have happened?
I need help urgently..thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.
Why did she take Postinor? Unless there was condom failure (which you did not mention) taking ECP unnecessarily only disrupts the menstrual cycle. A woman's period can be early or late as a result. This is likely the case for your girlfriend.

Helena

Emergency Contraception