My period is late after taking Postinor 2

By January 20, 2017 - 8:10pm

I was on my 6th day of my cycle (just finishing my period). The condom split so I took the first tablet of postinor2 2 hours later (1am). We then had unprotected sex 6 hours later (7am). I took the 2nd postinor tablet 3 hours later(10am).
8 days later I had heavy bleeding lasting 4 days. Firstly, is this a sign that postinor worked?
Since then i have had no sign of my period.
In the last 2 weeks (aboit 22nd day of cycle) I have had the flu and been unwell. This has all made me quite anxious.
My period cycle is quite irregular.
Thanks for your help in advance

I had sex with my bf during my ovulation and I took an emergency contraceptive and days later like three days to my supposedly period we had sex and he came in me but didn’t take a pill. Am now late for 6 days, tender breast but no other form or symptom, just a missed period. Have had two home test and it’s positive . I don’t really know if I can trust that or am really pregnant cos I don’t have any other symptoms than a missed period and tender breast

Hello Anon

If both your tests are positive then you're pregnant.

i had unprotected sex on the 11th of february and used postinor on the 12th. I am yet to get my period.i took a home pregnancy test and the result was negative but i am still bothered.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You will just have to wait it out. As you can see by the comments in this thread, ECP can cause period irregularity. I'm not sure when you tested, but you can always test again if you feel you tested too soon. Home pregnancy tests are accurate 14-21 days after sex.

(reply to Helena)

i took the test on the 8th of march and i plan to take it again tomorrow which is 11th of march.i am really hoping it comes out negative cos i am in a country where it is illegal to get pregnant out of wedlock.

Guide (reply to tenderlily)

Hello, again.

Then I do hope you get another negative result. Moving forward, insist on a condom the next time, and also think about getting on regular birth control.

(reply to Helena)

i did the test again and got another negative result. what do you think?

Guide (reply to tenderlily)

Your test is negative. Your period will come when it's ready.

please am confused, I had unprotected sex on 2nd February and took Postinor 2 on the 3rd and I still haven't seen my period.. my nipples are sore.
please what's wrong with me

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some women can have a delay in their period after ECP. It's important you read the information that comes with the pills so you know what to expect. If you have not had any bleeding within 3 weeks of taking the pills, it's recommended to test for pregnancy.

Emergency Contraception