Q: 

My period is late after taking Postinor 2

By January 20, 2017 - 8:10pm

Hello,
I was on my 6th day of my cycle (just finishing my period). The condom split so I took the first tablet of postinor2 2 hours later (1am). We then had unprotected sex 6 hours later (7am). I took the 2nd postinor tablet 3 hours later(10am).
8 days later I had heavy bleeding lasting 4 days. Firstly, is this a sign that postinor worked?
Since then i have had no sign of my period.
In the last 2 weeks (aboit 22nd day of cycle) I have had the flu and been unwell. This has all made me quite anxious.
My period cycle is quite irregular.
Thanks for your help in advance

Anonymous

I had sex with my gf within a 3 days period and she took postinor 2 for the first and second day all within 24hrs but didn't take on the third day since I didn't ejaculate into her and after 3 days she started bleeding. Now she was suppose to get her period on the 15th of May, 2018 but it hasn't come and her breast is tender. please is she pregnant?

Anonymous

My girlfriend and i had sex with condoms thrice in a week..
And she took postinor twice .
Now she hasn't seen her period for days now...the previous month she saw her normal period.the next week in that same month,there was some slight blood flow which was abnormal.
She has used the PT strip test twice but it came out negative ...it's been about 5 days and she's missing her period.
What could have happened?
I need help urgently..thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.
Why did she take Postinor? Unless there was condom failure (which you did not mention) taking ECP unnecessarily only disrupts the menstrual cycle. A woman's period can be early or late as a result. This is likely the case for your girlfriend.

Helena

Hello Helena,
I would appreciate your help since my case is pretty weird. I had unprotected sex in the morning of March 10th when my period started on Feb 28th and finished on March 6th. I took Postinor 2 within 24 hours and it started to bleed on Mar 16/17th for a week like normal period. The problem is I’ve had dizziness since yesterday (with fever) and a little bit of cramps today. I was not worried after period until yesterday but now I’m freaking out. Could you please help when should I expect my next period?

Thanks a lot in advance

Guide (reply to Kathy_ir)

Hello.

We cannot predict when your next period will come. If you bled for a week after taking P2, it's unlikely you would be pregnant. Still, some women don't believe this and prefer to take a pregnancy test even so.

Fever and dizziness would not be related to your period. You may be coming down with a viral infection of some sort.

Helena

Anonymous

Hello, my boyfriend had protected sex but the condom split, I take postinor 2 right after and I bled for about 6 days. After a week the samething happened again the condom spilt and i had another pill had bleeding for 4 days. I haven’t seen my period after that. I have symptoms like bloated stomach and l feel light headed at night. Please help me

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

These are side effects of Postinor 2. It can also cause irregularity in your cycle (early or late period) Try using another brand of condoms or try to figure why they keep splitting. Taken often, ECP can cause hormonal imbalance.

If you feel very ill, see your doctor.

Helena

Hello,
I had my last period from 16th to 20th of february.length of my menstrual cycle is about 32-35 days. But it was irregular for two months due to the use of postinor 2 for 2 times in a single cycle.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 28th day of cycle (15th March) and took postinor 2 within 12 hrs after sex.
Then again I had unprotected sex (released inside) on 30th day of cycle ( 17th March). This time I took Postinor 2 again but within 24 hrs after having sex.
My period didn't started yet although it should start today. But I'm worried since it's not regular.
I was having heavy cramps in last two evenings. Andalso observed vagina is dry. But no vomiting like any other symptoms were observed.
I'm in country where abortion and abortion pills are banned. I'm really worried and do I have to take a pregnancy test. Can you please give me an advice.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Guide (reply to Sandali)

Hello, Sandali.

Postinor 2 is emergency contraception, and should not be used for regular birth control. Using it too often can cause a hormonal imbalance, causing irregularity in your cycle. If you live in a country where abortion is illegal you need to stop having unprotected sex. Insist on a condom for future. There is not much to do now but wait for your period to arrive. If it's more than a week late, test for pregnancy. Generally, home pregnancy tests are accurate 14-21 days after sex.

Helena

Anonymous

I had sex with my bf during my ovulation and I took an emergency contraceptive and days later like three days to my supposedly period we had sex and he came in me but didn’t take a pill. Am now late for 6 days, tender breast but no other form or symptom, just a missed period. Have had two home test and it’s positive . I don’t really know if I can trust that or am really pregnant cos I don’t have any other symptoms than a missed period and tender breast

Emergency Contraception