Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

scanning moles

By Anonymous July 27, 2015 - 10:03am
Rate This

how do I locate a dermatologist who can/will scan moles vs cutting them out to check for cancer

live in northeast ohio

i have so many cut out and had a butcher for a doctor

would like to avoid this in the future

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER.

Are you interested in digital mole scanning?

Digital Mole Scanning uses special equipment to allow your doctor to examine your skin and moles to assist with the early detection of skin cancer. A specialized camera and computer are used to examine and digitally record images of your skin, and, in particular, moles.

The American Academy of Dermatology website offers a Find a Dermatologist service.
This may be a good starting point.

You could ask your health insurance company for dermatologists who are in network. Or ask your primary care physician for a referral.

Once you have a list of dermatologists in your area, check their websites or call their offices to see if any of them offer digital mole scanning.

Good luck,

July 27, 2015 - 11:12am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Skin Cancer

Get Email Updates

Skin Cancer Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!