I picked 10 myths about breast cancer. They always show up and make the news but they are just myths.
1. Bras cause breast cancer.
There actually was a recent study showing that this myth is really not sustainable. Really does anyone sincerely think that you get breast cancer from wearing a bra?
2. Breast Cancer is genetic.
Less than 10% of all breast cancers are genetic.
3. Deodorants and antiperspirants cause breast cancer.
Nope there really is not a link.
4. An injury to the chest causes breast cancer.
No one wants a chest injury but it won’t cause breast cancer.
5. Small-breasted women are less likely to get breast cancer.
If only it was true.
6. Large breasted women are more likely to get breast cancer.
Size really does not mater in breast cancer.
7. The radiation in a mammogram can cause breast cancer.
No, the radiation is just a tiny amount.
8. If your mammogram is clean you are 100% breast cancer free.
Know your body. Sometimes a mammogram will not pick up everything.
9. Having an abortion raises your risk for breast cancer.
10. Breast Cancer is preventable.
I wish that was true.
There are many crazy theories and myths about breast cancer. These 10 are ones I hear all the time. Breast cancer, because there is no cure, is scary and fear drives crazy myths.
Did I debunk any myths for you?