Acid reflux is a common medical condition. It involves a burning pain around the chest area. It is widely known as heartburn. It occurs due to the flow of stomach acid back into the food pipe. GERD is another term used in connection to acid reflux. Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) happens when acid reflux occurs more than twice a week. Sometimes its symptoms are mistaken for something else; hence there is a need to understand it.
Information on Common symptoms of acid reflux:
· Chest pain: It is the common symptom found in many of these patients. It happens due to stomach acids flowing into an esophagus. Sometimes the pain can last for a longer time. Hence never ignore the pain if it gets worst.
· Post meal pain: You are suffering from acid reflux, if the pain increases after every heavy meal. It is because if you overload your stomach, the acid has nowhere to go except up wards.
· Bitter pain: At times this acid can come at the back of your throat causing a bitter taste in your mouth. It happens at night after meals.
· A sore throat: A sore throat can be misleading for a symptom of cold or flu, but it can be caused due to heartburn. If your happen to have a sore throat after meals, then it can be a case of acid reflux.
· Nausea: Nausea can also be associated with heartburn. If it comes right after meals, then you can be sure to have this condition. In such cases, a regular dose of antacid can give you some relief.
It is advisable not to avoid the above symptoms. Get advice from a medical practitioner. In case of bad symptoms you can reduce them with the intake of the following foods:
· Vegetables: These help reduce stomach acids as they are low in sugar and fat content. These include green beans, cauliflower, leafy vegetables, potatoes, and cucumbers.
· Lean meats: These can be chicken, fish, turkey, and seafood. As these are low-fat, they help in reducing acid reflux. It is recommended to have them backed, grilled or boiled.
· Oatmeal: Oatmeal makes for an excellent breakfast. It is full of fiber and whole grains. It can observe the acids in the stomach.
· Ginger: It is known to have anti-inflammatory features. It is used as an effective treatment for cured heartburns and gas problems. You can have ginger tea to get ease the symptoms.
· Egg whites: Egg whites are also good options. But egg yolks can increase reflux symptoms.
http://mygerdandrefluxcure.com/ has done a lot of research on acid flux and GERD. It was found that the foods can reduce the symptoms only for certain people. In case of high-grade symptoms, one has to consult a doctor for medications. To prevent such discomforts from happening one has to make lifestyle changes for his good. It can be changes related to his diet, sleep patterns or lifestyle alterations.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.