Acne is an infection that tends to affect the skin’s oil glands. The oil glands are basically oily substance called sebum that is created in the small skin holes or pores. A canal known as follicle connects the pores to the oil glands. The basic function of the follicles is to carry the dead skin cells to the surface of the skin with the help of the oil. Pimples and acne generally occur when the skin gland clogs up. In most cases, pimples grow on the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. Even though acne is not a serious health threat, it can cause scars so it is of vital importance to take proper pimple cure measures.
Acne needs to be treated effectively else it can cause permanent damage to the skin. These scars can not only hamper a person’s self-confidence but also puts a strain on their social interaction. People who are suffering from severe acne need to consult skin specialist to get a proper acne cure. People who have less problems of acne need to ensure that the acne is not scratched as it can cause permanent scarring.
What causes Acne?
Even though there are many reasons for acne to develop, the most common of all is when the hair, sebum and the skin cells are clumped together into a plug. This increases the bacteria in the plug which causes swelling. Later the pimple grows when the plug starts to break down. The most common types of pimples are whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules and cysts. It has been assumed that only teenagers get acne but actually almost 80 percent people suffer from this common skin disease. Even though the exact cause of acne is unknown to the doctors, some factors that can lead to those irritating acne are hormone change during teenage or pregnancy, starting or stopping birth control pills, heredity, some medicines and even greasy makeup.
How does it affect you?
The major concern for acne is the psychological and social impacts it can cause on adolescents. This is because adolescents are the ones who mostly get acne when they start developing their personalities. It is essential that the teenagers learn to accept that physical appearance is not everything as it can otherwise create a wrong impact on the person’s psyche. Many open discussions that have taken place between the patients and medical professional have revealed that the patients can suffer from various problems. An acne patient might have to deal with self esteem and body image issues that can cause them to avoid eye contact or grow hair long to hide their faces or even wear heavy makeup. Such people also have to deal with social withdrawal and relationship building. So people have to go through the cruel taunts of fellow teenagers that can lead to lack of self-confidence. Such people shy away from relationships and can get social phobia due to their reclusive and negative behavior. The education or work of people having acne can also get affected significantly. The lack of self-confidence and the fear of negative appraisal by others can make such people stay away from school that can affect their academic performance eventually leading to unemployment in the future. This can lead to reduced career choices as well as less success in job applications.
How to get rid of Acne marks and cure acne?
People suffering from acne can ensure that the outbursts of pimples and acne are reduced considerably by changing the lifestyle. The ten lifestyle changes that need to be implemented for getting acne-free skin are given here.
• Get more sleep: It is very essential complete the 8-9 hours of beauty sleep. It has been proven that proper sleep not only reduces the abnormalities of the skin but also reduces the psychological stress considerably.
• Control sugar levels: A study conducted recently showed that rise in blood glucose can cause inflammation on a cellular level. So, excessive levels of insulin in the blood can cause a hormonal cascade and endocrine response is the culprit for causing growth of pore-clogging cells.
• Exercise daily: Exercise is known to reduce stress, regulate hormone levels as well as increase blood circulation but keeping the sweat on your skin for a longer time can lead to skin breakouts. So, wear perspiration-trapping garments and shower after every workout.
• Drink lots of water: Water can flush out all the internal toxins and hydrate skin as well as internal body system. So, drinking lots of water is beneficial to health as well as guarding against acne breakouts.
• Apply SPF sunscreen: The SPF-based sunscreens are not only useful to protect against the sun rays but also keeps the skin hydrated. This ensures that the acne don’t get worse that eventually leads to a clear and breakout-free skin.
• Eat Omega-3 fatty acids: The Omega-3 fatty acids or the good fats give many advantages of which one is the control of the production of leukotriene B4. This molecule can increase sebum and cause inflammatory acne.
• Cleanse twice daily: The face has to go through whole day’s makeup, dust, sweat, smog, and dirt. Since the face has more oil glands than any other body parts, there is a greater chance of getting pimples or acne when face is not washed properly. So, it is essential to cleanse face twice a day using cleansers.
• Exfoliate thoroughly: The excessive oil in the oils or even dry skin can lead to acne breakouts. So, it is important to gently exfoliate the skin a few times in a week by using a scrub after which a moisturizer needs to be applied.
• De-germ the cell phone: Cell phones are known to house germs so it is preferable to wipe the surface of the phone with a bit of hand sanitizer every day to de-germ it.
• Reduce the usage of hair-care products: Most hair-care products like conditioner, shampoo, gel and hairspray have oils that can seep into the skin increasing the oil content in the skin. So, it is necessary to wash face after the removal of hair products to wash away their residue from the skin. You can also buy products like Proactiv that treat acne if you are unable to follow the above steps.
In most cases, people tend to ignore the causes of acne but this can cause permanent scarring or other skin problems. So, it is necessary to follow the necessary acne cure measures to keep skin clean and pimple-free.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.