Explore other publications and websites
- Cellulite — This Web page explains what cellulite is, how you get it, and how you can try to avoid it.
- Do's and Don'ts for Liposuction (Copyright © ASDS) — This fact sheet offers some tips for having realistic expectations about the results of liposuction. It includes information about preparing for and recovering from surgery.
- Liposuction — This publication has information about types of liposuction procedures, risks of the surgery, as well as what to expect before and after liposuction.
- Liposuction: What Are the Risks or Complications? — This publications describes the risks of liposuction.
- The Skinny on Liposuction — If you are considering liposuction, there are many factors to consider. This Web page discusses regulations, risks, and other information about liposuction.
Connect with other organizations
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society For Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- National Research Center for Women & Families
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Weight-Control Information Network
Click here for more womenshealth.gov resources on body image