3 yr old w/ constipation and fatigue.

By Anonymous March 30, 2010 - 7:38am

, she holds her bowels to avoid using the potty, its been 4-5 days.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm so sorry your daughter is suffering like this. It's must be very painful for her to go to the bathroom and holding it all in is not good for her at all.

Has she been sick recently? Can you explain what kind of fatigue she has been displaying? Does she sleep a lot at night and nap during the day or is she run down, with no energy?

For now, keep her intake of milk low - too much milk can cause constipation. Does she drink a lot of milk? She will need a lot of fiber in her diet to allow easy bowel movements.

She may just need a stool softener (check with her doctor or pharmacist to see what kind would be good to use, based on her age and health) to combat this constipation but if she is also suffering from fatigue, I would suggest a trip to her doctor.

If you can update me on some of my questions, I'd love to help you more!

Constipation Guide