39w4d.....baby didnot dropped yet....cord around the neck.

By Anonymous February 13, 2012 - 9:17am

Hi..Iam 26...first time pregnant...with 39w 4d.
My baby's head is still floating...not dropped yet.
Had an ultrasound today...and found that ...(single loop)cord wrapped around the baby neck.
How will this cord around the neck will affect my chances of normal delivery?
will the cord around the neck, anyway harm the baby now or at the time of the delivery?
do I need artificial induction of labour.?

Please help me with this....thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, this is not a question we can answer with any kind of precision; it's something you must talk with your doctor about (and the sooner the better) because he/she has your medical records/history of your pregnancy so far as the full results of your testing.

A cord around the neck is not safe obviously and based on this and his position, you may have to have a c-section if your doctor thinks a vaginal delivery may be too long or dangerous.

Please talk to your doctor about this.

Best wishes for a quick and safe birth!

And how is baby being not dropped is linked with cord around the neck.
thanks again...