ask: Am I pregnant?

By Angeljoy

Hi. I am a 30 year old female. My breasts have been very sensitive for over a week now, I have noticed prominent veins on my breasts, my areolas have dramatically increased in size and I have small bumps around my nipples. My menstruation is due in 3 days so it is too early for me to do a pregnancy test. Is it possible that I am pregnant? My boyfriend thinks that I am having a phantom pregnancy because I so badly want to get pregnant. I am not on any birth control and we use the pull out method. Does it sound like I am pregnant? I have been researching early pregnancy symptoms and it seems like some of these symptoms would only occur later on. Please help!The suspense is killing me, and I am only going to take a test on New Years eve to ensure a correct result.

Angeljoy

Thank you Daisy. The thing is that they have been very sore for nearly two weeks now, but my period is due in two days time. My boyfriend says that I am obsessing and doesnt even want to read the internet research with me. And I have had extremely bad moodswings too. Surely this is not all in my head like he thinks it is?

Angeljoy

Anonymous

Hi Angeljoy,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Those can also be symptoms are PMS, which occurs before your menstruation.  But, anytime you have unprotected sex your chances for pregnancy to occur are higher.  You might want to wait a few days, to take a pregnancy test. If see a doctor for blood work.

Daisy

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: