Am I pregnant?

Do I need to go to my OB/GYN or take a pregnancy test? I have had two miscarriages this year. One in March and one in July. My husband and I are trying to have another baby. We have a 2 year old baby girl and I never had any difficulties whatsoever. My pregnancy and labor with her was really smooth and I was extremely healthy, both of us. So now, Im scared that I will have another miscarriage. I feel that I am pregnant because I have been having different symptoms really fatigue, sensitive when having intercourse, eating more, and urinating more, as well as dizziness. Yesterday at work I experienced at dizzy spell that really scared me because I have never felt this way. I literally felt like I was drunk. I got really hot and almost fell out, I felt as if the room was spinning really fast and I got real nauseated. Again this has never happened to me before and I have heard of dizzy spells with pregnat women. Now I just dont want to take a test and it show negative or either find out Im pregnant and lose a 3rd child....plz give me advise. Thank You!

I'm very sorry about your two miscarriages this year, that has to be very hard on you and your family.

The first sign of pregnancy is generally a missed period. Are you late?

Your symptoms could also be indicative of pregnancy, especially the nausea and intense fatigue. But if you are not pregnant, you should get these symptoms checked out if they have gone on more than a few days.

Unfortunately, a pregnancy test is the definitive early way to learn if you are pregnant so taking one yourself, or at the doctor's office is something that's going to have to be done if you believe you may be pregnant. I know it's very hard to go through all that after two miscarriages but it will have to be done.

I hope you feel up to taking a test and best of luck with the result!

Thank you for your post Susan. I really appreciate your advise, as well as the empathy. However, no I havent missed my period this month. So if I take a pregnancy test will it be too early to detect? I am expecting my period around the 21st, and its usually abnormal (the days switch up).

Hi again Anon

Yes, it's far too early to take a test, you are in about week 3 of your cycle.

But if you don't have it by the 21st, then a pregnancy test should be pretty accurate.

You can always wait another week after that before testing, if a test is too much to deal with - you can make the choice. I know it's hard, miscarriages are something awful to go through.