am i really pregnant?

By October 8, 2010 - 4:41am

I had a missed miscarriage 8 weeks ago then got my period 4 weeks later. that was 3 weeks ago and have just done a pregnancy test and its come back positive! My GP did a blood test and my hcg level is 28 is this a new pregnancy or left over hcg from my last 1?? please help im so worried thanks

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER.

I'm very sorry about your miscarriage. I hope you have a lot of support at home.

As far as the pregnancy hormone goes (called hCG levels) it's unlikely that it would still be in your system after 8 weeks (although it can stay in the body for several weeks so it wouldn't be impossible).

25 and above is considered a positive for pregnancy (but a very low number) but your levels should start climbing really, really quickly now. Testing again in a week should confirm a pregnancy or not.

If you have had unprotected sex since your period then yes, it's possible that you are pregnant again. I really hope you get the result you want! See if your doc will test again in a week or so and check your levels out. I don't want to get you too excited but there is a really good possibility that you are expecting again.

Take it easy and slowly and ask for your levels to be redone. I hope you have some really good news for us soon!

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines