becom pregnant while over weight with pcos whats the dangers?

I have pcos I am 260 pounds I have gainhed lots of weight from having pcos my obgyn started me on provera and then clomid 100mg I'm a little scared! Feed back please

Im 27 years old and just found out last year that i have pcos. My hubby and I been trying to have a baby for 3 year now. Im also over weight and having a hard time trying to lose weight. Some time i just thing im not going to have a child.

Are you currently under the care of a doctor for your PCOS?

Are you taking medications right now?

And does your doctor know that you are having spotting and pain almost every week?

Please tell me a little bit more so we can help you.

i have pcos and its really bad trying for baby but cant get pregnant i have more then 18 cysts on my ovaries when last checked naw i think more so im certain im infertile im the only child who has it in my family of 8 theres 3 other sisters and 4 brothers, but none of gurls or women have this im the one but its cool they say u inherited it by someone in family but i asked i havent i now that for sure, i get periods like every week like pain lol meaning its not period its spoting for 3days, why i dont now i even get dark blck blood why ow why help please

Dear Anon

Thanks for your question! I assume you are currently trying to get pregnant?

There are some things to look out for when pregnant with PCOS:

Since your doctor has put you on Clomid, we can hope that the chances of conception will increase. Bear in mind that the risk of miscarriage is fairly high with women who have PCOS - higher than women without it. It's thought that up to 30% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and that can go up to 40-50% with women who have PCOS. When you are living a healthy life, there is really no way you can stop a miscarriage so just be aware that this may happen. If it does, there is nothing you did wrong.

You will also have to look out for high blood pressure in pregnancy and the risk of preeclampsia which can be dangerous to both mother and child. Preeclampsia can be hazardous to the mother's brain, kidneys and liver and is potentially fatal, although the vast majority of cases in the western world stay at the PREeclampsia stage and not the eclampsia stage that can cause seizures and can also harm the baby.

Women with PCOS also may give birth earlier than their due date (premature birth) and have gestational diabetes which usually occurs later in the pregnancy. These are issues that PCOS and being over-weight bring.

But please also bear in mind that most women with PCOS go on to have normal, healthy pregnancies and babies! And women without PCOS or women of normal weight also have premature babies and get diagnosed with preeclampsia. I'm just giving you some things to ponder and some worse case scenarios.

Please check out our PCOS page here! : http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-0

Has this helped you?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide