Been on birth control 3 years. I missed the first 3 pills in week 1.

By September 7, 2012 - 1:18pm

I live in a small town and my pharmacy didnt have stock on my particular birth control and wouldnt get the shipment for 2 mre days. So i in turn missed the first 3 days of my brith control pack. My gyno said to take 2 a day until i was back on the normal day, then continue taking them one a day until the end of the pill pack. My question is not if im pregnant haha ive been using back up method. It is this: I have been taking pills for a week and a day. Am I able to stop using my back up method now? Or should I wait a little longer? My gyno said wait 1-2 weeks.. but im not sure.

Hi Alixdyer

Missing three pills in a row can lead to ovulation but if you were using a back up method, you should be covered, as you said. Definitely use the backup method for a week or longer.But if it has been 8 days, then it comes down to whether you trust that you won't get pregnant. If it's not that big a deal, continue with the backup another few days to a week.