Besides asthma or bronchitis, what could cause my airway to constrict?

I can`t breath but my lungs are fine. My airway feels constricted in my throat . It makes me wheez frrom my throat. I`ve been trated with bronchitis lately and the antibiotic helped then as soon as I finished I only felt good for a week before the same symptoms occured again. The constriction is only in my throat. I am a cigarrete smoker also. I smoke about 3-5 cigarrets a day. Also if I rush and eat some foods seem to get stuck in my throat and I need to drink water to help make it go down, and that hurts. I`ve been feeling this way for about 2 months. Same re-curring problem.

Thax a lot for your comment and concern. I will see a doctor and investigate further. I am concerned about the recurrance and and quick re-lapse of my condition.

HERWriter Guide (reply to spicy-tomcat..)

Thank you and good luck - please keep us posted!

Thank you for your post and welcome!

You need to see a doctor for a full examination of your throat. Smoking 3-5 cigarettes a day isn't as bad as chain-smoking but as you know, it causes breathing problems, cancers (lung, mouth, throat...) and heart failure and stroke (and more!) over the long term.

You may have a growth in your throat area - a lump, tumor, a cyst of some kind or a polyp.You may also have enlarged glands due to your recent illness.  Please get an evaluation as soon as you can. It may be something simple or something that requires further investigation but if you've been experiencing this for two months now, you really need to be seen.

Please keep us posted and good luck!