ask: Bleeding after taking Next Choice

So, I had sex right after my period ended (oct 30) and it was unprotected. I got a little paranoid (even though I think he did not came inside me) and took the next choice pill the next day.. followed all the instructions. but now, six days later i am bleeding seems like a menstruation. What is this? is this going to be menstruation for the month of November? My next due date is 21/22. Am I going to get my period by then? I am kind of freaking out. help please.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

These questions have been answered in previous pages but in terms of all this EC being taken when unnecessary (and there was no need at all for you to take it) and a 'danger' factor - emergency contraception causes spotting (that you are now experiencing) and a lot of irregularity to your cycle due to the two high doses of hormones you took within two days. This can lead to the risk of pregnancy being (ironically) increased because your cycle is therefore unknown.

I think it's a good idea to go on the Pill, too.

Anonymous

Hello, I need help. My periods ended last month on the 23rd-24th and I had unprotected sex on the 26th. I started bleeding around he 30th or 31st. Now my usual dates are 18-19th but I still haven't got my periods. I took a pregnancy test on the 24th , it said negative. Please help me.:(

While unprotected sex can and does lead to pregnancy, if you took a test a week after your period was due and it's negative, then your period may just be late. But if you don't get your period in the next few days and you have never missed a period before then take another test.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

Anonymous

I had my period on March 27th n gotten off on the 2nd of April.I took next choice on the fourth day after unprotected sex in started bleeding. Heave day six after the nextchoice pills.However lately I have been having really bad cramps,migraines, and frequent urination ...I am really afraid...Could I b pregnant

The bleeding may be a side effect of Next Choice but it's too early to tell. You'll have to wait for your period to be due to test. Your symptoms could be anything from PMS, to very early pregnancy symptoms (unlikely) or even a stomach bug.

Thank y very much

Anonymous

On March 18 i started my cycle and i also started a new birth control called orthro tri cyclen...normally every time i start a bc i never stop bleeding but i had to start a bc i have acne but anywho....my cycle normally lasts for about 5-6 days which means my cycle should have been off by March 23...but i was still bleeding by the following tuesday which was March 27...i couldnt take the bleeding any more so i stopped taking the bc on monday March 26...On thursday March 29- Saturday March 31 i stopped bleeding, so i had sex unprotected on that friday and saturday...so on sunday April 1 i woke up and i was bleeding again and i also took Next Choice....now its April the 11th and im still BLEEDING...when will this stop? im sooooo confused...i took a prego test yesterday and it was negative!!! and my regular cycle is suppose to start on April 15th....so......

You may be bleeding because you you may be misusing contraception.

If you go on and off the Pill, then take emergency contraception, the result is that you are causing havoc with the hormones in your body and the ensuing result is continual bleeding. Since you test is negative, you're not pregnant. If your bleeding does not stop in the next few days, call your doctor to investigate this and see what treatments are available or if there is another underlying reasons for the bleeding. Use condoms until then.

Anonymous

okay so i took next choice within about 6 hours of what had happened.
I usually start my period on the first week of each month or so.
When exactly should i expect that i get my period?

I'M FREAKING OUT.

Anonymous

hello my last period days was feb 22 of this year and im just now bleed today a little what does that mean and i dont see my period and it doesnt seem like a period

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: