bleeding after taking Postinor 2

By November 4, 2016 - 7:26am

hello i got protected sex last oct 16 then same day i too postinor 2 after that oct 22 i got my period and it ends oct 27, i got protected sex again oct 29 because he used a condom but im still feel worried then i took postinor 2 same day, then nov 3 i got bleeding like a period, is it because of the medicine? should i considered it as a early period because its heavy like my normal period.

Anonymous

Hi. I got vaginal bleeding last nov 3 to nov 9 after taking postinor 2 then until now my period still havent appear. What to do? Please help me. Is it because of taking postinor 2 last month thats why its still havent appear?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding after taking Postinor 2 proved the pill worked to prevent pregnancy. However, the hormone in the pill could have upset the normal hormonal balance that regulates your menstrual cycle.

When is your period due to start? If you do not get a period at all this month, please contact your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi,My period usually start before end of the month. then i tried to take pregnancy test(twice) last dec 5 and its negative, my last sex was oct 29(protected sex) then last nov. no sex interaction after the bleeding. Am i pregnant? is it possible that i will not have a period this coming month?because i took postinor 2 more than once in a menstrual cycle and two months in a row. I need advice.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is very likely that you caused a hormonal imbalance because you took Postinor 2 more than once during a menstrual cycle, and two months in a row.

This is a problem that must be evaluated by your gynecologist, in person.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi, i had unprotectex sex on the last day of my period, took Postinor-2 as prescribed, one immediately after and another 12 hours later. 4 days later i have experienced bleeding again,and its gone on for the second day today... Is that normal??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, the bleeding is the result of taking Postinor 2.

Anonymous

Hi Mary Ann,

Yes he always use a condom, but I'm just worried that's why I take it. So my menstrational cycle will change?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It might only affect your next period. However, if you notice changes, that go beyond one month, consider reaching out to your gynecologist.

Regards,

Guide

Hello kends,

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to our community with your question.

If you are having "protected" sex, there was no need to take Postinor 2. Is your partner always using a condom?

The bleeding was triggered by the pill and proved that it worked and you did not become pregnant.

However, you should NEVER take an emergency contraceptive more than once in a menstrual cycle and not two months in a row. It can make the pill less effective. It can cause a serious upset in the hormonal balance that regulates your menstrual cycle.

Please speak with your gynecologist and chose a type of birth control instead of relying on an emergency contraceptive. Learn more by visiting our Birth Control page.
http://www.empowher.com/condition/birth-control

Regards,

Emergency Contraception