Q: 

bleeding after taking Postinor 2

By November 4, 2016 - 7:26am

hello i got protected sex last oct 16 then same day i too postinor 2 after that oct 22 i got my period and it ends oct 27, i got protected sex again oct 29 because he used a condom but im still feel worried then i took postinor 2 same day, then nov 3 i got bleeding like a period, is it because of the medicine? should i considered it as a early period because its heavy like my normal period.

Anonymous

Hi Susan,
I Hv last periods on 1 April, I didn't get period on early may then I hv sex on 16 may, took postinor on 17 and got bleeding like periods on 30 may for few days, is that possible I'm pregnant now? I feel my belly bigger ~~

Anonymous

I had sex leaked on 3 may, eaten 1 emergency pill and 2nd IN 12 hour. on 10th may I got little blood. will it pregnant?

Hello Anon
This means you are not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi, I took the take action levonorgestrel 1.5 mg pill about five hours after unprotected sex..( pulled out) I don't have a normal cycle but did bleed 5 days after taking the pill.. it lasted about 4/5 days.. does this count as my period or does this mean the pill worked and is the withdrawal bleeding from the pill and il get a period next month?
-thanks

Anonymous

April 11 my period,April 21 unprotected sex used p2 immediately and 12 hours later,next period came 5 of may thou I done PT twice before and after the period is was negative now 23 of May again another period start,making it period twice in a month is it the p2 that is coursing it or am having problems

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex 2nd and 3rd days after my period and I took Postinor 2 the 3rd day. A week later, I bled like it was my period, though it was light and the colour was really dark. Should I be scared?

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. They should get back to normal by the second cycle after.

Hi if you see your period then have sex and after that you take the pill and everything is fine then you see your period a week later what does that mean

Anonymous

I had my period two weeks ago before week 1
Week 1: me and bf touched our genitals but he didn't cum, fingered me with his clean hand. Out of precaution i took p2.
Week 2. Started withdrawal bleeding for 6 days with cramps.
Week 5. Had brown spotting that lasted for 4 days
week 8. Had my period flow with cramps
Recently had tired and headaches due to stress and bad sleeping schedule.
What's wrong? Am i pregnant? I have no symptoms.

Anonymous

I had withdrawal bleeding 6 days after my sexual encounter (lasted for 6 days) , approx 3 weeks later i had brown spotting ( lasted for 4-5 days ), 2.5 weeks after the spotting i had my full period with cramps ( lasted for 6 days) . Am I pregnant? Please i'm worried.
I've also been having slight headaches and fatigue but i think it's due to my stress, what's happening? Please help me

Emergency Contraception