bleeding after taking Postinor 2

By November 4, 2016 - 7:26am

hello i got protected sex last oct 16 then same day i too postinor 2 after that oct 22 i got my period and it ends oct 27, i got protected sex again oct 29 because he used a condom but im still feel worried then i took postinor 2 same day, then nov 3 i got bleeding like a period, is it because of the medicine? should i considered it as a early period because its heavy like my normal period.

Anonymous

This is Uc.
Thanx for the nice reply doctor.
she went for urine test today it was negative, then she went for scan and blood test it came positive. my confusion is how old is the pregnancy. remember she saw her last period from December 13 - 17, and the incident of condom slip happened on 1st t of novernber which she took postinor2 and again four days after. also is it possible for scan to detect pregnancy such early. Is it safe to medically terminate it with cytotech only method since abortion is illegal in my country and we are not ready to keep, she is afraid it might be very risky for her judging from the stories she is being hearing about abortion related deaths .

Hello UC

The only way she could have gotten pregnant 9 (if she had her period Dec 13-17) was if some form of ejaculate happened in January when the condom broke. Maybe you just didn't know.

Regarding abortion, we cannot advise any kind of "home" methods as we can only advise that a woman needs to see a medical professional. If this is not possible in your country, I suggest you have this pregnancy confirmed again in a few days and then find some kind of plan.

Home abortions can be dangerous. An abortion is your girlfriend's decision because it's her body. But we cannot recommend home abortions. Again, she needs to see a doctor one more time to make absolutely sure she's pregnant.

Good luck,

Anonymous

Compliments Doc.
My gf period was on the 13th of December to 17th of December. Then on the 1st of January we had a condom burst during intercose although I had not ejeculated before it happened but for fear of possibility of prejeculatry fluid she took 1st dose of postinor2 few hours later with 2nd dose follow up after 12 hours. She started bleeding heavily about 6hours after the 2nd dose up until the following day, the bleeding stopped. 5das later on the 6th of of January the condom slipped while having intercourse with her agin which I noticed after ejection seems I release inside her. She did not take the posrinor 2 this time around for fear it might have an adverse effect as it is not long she took it before .
Then on the 10th of of January that is 10 day after taking the drugs and 4days after the second unprotected sex she started sporting dark drops followed by normal flow though not very heavy as the first bleeding experienced on the completion of the drugs. This flowed for that day and started dropping again up till yesterday. She also complained of breast pain, dizziness and vomits each time she eat.
Doctor could all this be the effect of the drugs or is it possible she has taken in. The period is two days late now or could it be that this bleeding experience could be her period or would she still hope for it sooner. Is the first heavy bleeding normal and could it have possibly reduced the quantity of the the period flow .
Please pardon my lengthy explanation.
Thank you.
I'm UC.

Hello UC

Thank you for your post.

This bleeding could be due to taking emergency contraception.

Since she did not take EC the second time, she needs to take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Pls i had unprotected sex 1week afta my menstruation n afta i took in postinor two a week afta i started to feel abdominal pain n its three week now pls i want to no if am pregnant or not cos its three weeks now,am scared

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting.

Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on the 5th day of my period (27th of December) and then I had protected sex on the 28th of December. I took postinor 2 on the 28th of December. I am now on my ovulation days (4th day) and I have bleeding of brown colour. Does this mean I'm pregnant? Should I worry about it? Is it normal?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. You took the pill before you were due to ovulate, so I think it worked and that is proven by the brown colored bleeding. I do not think you are pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am using posting 2 every week.i had not any problems but now I have bleeding sometimes.i want to know am I pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Postinor 2 is an emergency contraceptive intended to be used in an emergency situation. It is not to be used every week and is not intended to be used as birth control.

Please call your gynecologist or visit a women's health clinic today. You have caused a serious hormonal problem by taking the pill every week.

Pregnancy is not your problem. Serious hormonal upset is.

Regards,

Emergency Contraception