bleeding after taking Postinor 2

By November 4, 2016 - 7:26am

hello i got protected sex last oct 16 then same day i too postinor 2 after that oct 22 i got my period and it ends oct 27, i got protected sex again oct 29 because he used a condom but im still feel worried then i took postinor 2 same day, then nov 3 i got bleeding like a period, is it because of the medicine? should i considered it as a early period because its heavy like my normal period.

Anonymous

Hi al,
I recently asked about a pregnancy risk..due to genital rubbing..bare penis and she is on panty..Susan told it's safe but both were afraid so we went to a doc..he said to take postinor 2 but it was already 51 hours when she is taking the first pill..then she took second pill right after 12 hours..can you tell me what are the possible outcome and for what we should be prepared next..cuz our parents doesn't know we have to do this by ourselves...now we are worried about withdrawal bleeding...

Hello Anon

P2 is highly effective if taken within the first 72 hours.

Why are you worried about withdrawal bleeding? This is a side effect many women get but some don't.

Your girlfriend will have to wait it out and in future use a condom so you don't have these worries.

Thanks Susan..it was our first time and moment of weakness...we never wanted it to happen..anyway hope she is not totally exposed to the risk of pregnancy? What are the chances

Hi again

I understand that mistakes can happen - we're all human :)

Firstly, sperm would have to be inserted inside a vagina - this didn't happen.
Secondly, sperm can't penetrate fabric. It can dampen it but not penetrate through. Picture a spoonful of pudding being placed on a thin towel. It may dampen it but no pudding will come through on the other side.
Thirdly, your girlfriend would have to be ovulating during this time.

And since you took EC - even at 51 hours, pregnancy is highly unlikely - practically impossible. EC is highly effective within 72 hours and all the factors I listed above would have to come into play.

We can't really gauge risk percentages - we don't know how her body works but if I were to guess by the information you have given, I'd say her risk is less than 5% and 0% if she was not ovulating.

Anonymous

Hello,

I've been taking postinor 2 for almost 8 months. I know that I should not take it more than once in one menstrual cycle. Is the vaginal bleeding after taking postinor considered as period? I've always thought it that way and so I only take postinor after i get vaginal bleeding or'period' but not im worried cause the vaginal bleeding might not be period and that i have seriously upset my cycle. Is there anything i should be concerned about?

Hello Anon

You are seriously over-using P2 - this is a huge dose of hormones placed in your system to prevent a pregnancy from having unprotected sex and it's for emergency purposes. It is not to be used as a method of birth control. It should not even be used monthly.

The bleeding after taking P2 is the breakdown of the uterine lining that the surge of hormones cause so it's a period but not the one you'd get from a normal cycle. It's an induced period. The more you take P2. the more irregular your cycle will be.

My advice is to use condoms or regular birth control (or there are many other methods that you doctor can talk to you about).

Anonymous

hi good day my girlfriend and i had sex a day right after her period and i ejaculated in the condom and it slipped off during sex she took postinor 2 the next day and took the other pill 12 hours later, a week after she started to bleed for two days, on the first day she bleed for two hours and it was light the next day she bleed for half a day and it was heavy and then it stopped. what does this mean?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding was caused by taking Postinor 2. I was light and lasted a short time because she took the pill just days after her period ended. There was not enough time for the lining of her uterus to build up.

There was no risk for pregnancy and no need to take Postinor 2 because she had just finished her period.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

hi good day my girlfriend just got her period on monday and it stopped on tuesday now what?

Anonymous

Hi, I had unprotected sex right after my period ended. I took postinor 2, the timing and dosage was correct. I started bleeding three days after and the bleeding has lasted almost four days. Is this a side effect of the postinor 2 or there is a bigger problem. Please help me I am desperate.

Emergency Contraception