ask: blepharitis.

By Anonymous November 23, 2012 - 8:42am

i'm having blepharitis since the past two weeks.these irritations are very new to me. what should i do when the eyelids margin become itchy and swollen (due to allergy of make-up usage or contact lens)? could i apply any cream? can i put eyedrops if the eyes become dry? is blepharitis and sinus related by any chance? and how does blepharitis can lead to the development stye and chlozion? thank you for your respond. :')

I have had this condition for some time. I have found that using q-tips with diluted baby shampoo along the top and bottom lash line seems to break up the blockage of the oil glands that cause the misery. I also hot pack my eyes morning and night with a warm washcloth and that helps a lot. I have tried the antibiotic drops and they help but I am not too comfortable using them as they create other potential issues. My understanding is that it is just something to live with. Totally manageable.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Blepharitis real cause is unknown.  It can be associated with Seborrheic, bacterial infection, malfunction of the oil gland in the eyelid, allergies and many other.  You need to see your doctor, so he can prescribe the right treatment for you.  

Here are some resources for you

Blepharitis Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :