Bloated and gassy, pain during sex

By Anonymous March 24, 2012 - 8:44am

Hi there,
For about a week now, every time that my fiance and I have sex it has caused cramps during and after the event. This has also been accompanied by a bloated feeling (before and after, pretty much throughout the day.), and an increase in appetite. I have also been really gassy. When I eat, I am full after a couple of bites because I feel bloated. I have been having regular bowel movements so it isn't constipation. My breasts are also very sore to the touch.

My fiance and I don't use condoms, but I an on birth control. Are these symptoms signs of pregnancy, or something else like a yeast infection or UTI?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. If you are having good bowel movements, it is probably not constipation. If you are not missing periods, I would assume it would not be pregnancy. If you had a yeast infection, you would be experiencing burning, itching and not a gassy feeling. UTIs generally would burn when you try to urinate and cause painful sexual intercourse.

Have you changed your diet at all? This seems more like a digestive system issue rather than a sexual issue. Perhaps you should see your doctor if this continues.

Hope this helps.