Aging Skin

Aging Skin Guide

ask: Botox To Prevent Wrinkles?

By Shannon Koehle

I am 23 years old and already have some wrinkle lines on my forehead.

My forehead is rather prominent, so my many facial expressions and repeated sun burns have already caused some lines to appear.

I've been using anti-aging cream for a few months and I think it is helping, but I don't want large, ugly forehead wrinkles as I age.

My brother, who also has a prominent forehead and spends even more time in the sun than I, also has similar forehead wrinkles and he is only 20.

I heard that while botox eliminates wrinkles it also helps prevent them as well. Is this true? What are other options besides botox?

Anonymous

I realize this is coming a bit late from the original post, but this topic really interests me. Google: "Botox twins" It's quite amazing. Also don't rely purely on others blogs, remember they are just opinions;) I'm 24 with the exact forehead wrinkles you described. I recently got botox, and wrinkles are gone ! My dermatologist assures me that these treatments will prevent wrinkles.

Please note that the Botix twins study was done by Dr Binder. A consultant and stockholder of Allergan maker of Botox.

Fasciano smith

There are many product in the market related to the wrinkles.Firstly how to protect the wrinkle and remove the wrinkle from the face.

Plaque Attack

Anonymous

Hello Shannon!

I am curious to know what you decided on doing about this botox situation and if you went to your Derm, what advice you were given. I am 28 and also have thought about botox between my eyebrows as a preventative measure for wrinkles.
I have a very animated face (like you) and find that I am constantly furrowing my brows. This year I am starting to notice some changes in their appearance and, at the risk of sounding extremely superficial, I would really like to circumvent any future lines. Also like you, I follow a strict skin care regimn and try to do all the "right" things for my skin so I am just curios to know if there is anything out there that can help me prolong my aging process.

Thanks in advance for any reply!
-Shiva

Anonymous

Any moisturizer is good. It is more important to eat right (lots of colorful fruits and veggies), use sunscreen, don't smoke and drink lots of water. Smoking and sun tanning are the worst things you can do to your skin. (website edited out by EmpowHER moderator.)

I'm 39 and mentioned to my husband the possibility of me ultimately getting a tiny bit of Botox around the eyes and he looked at me like I needed to be institutionalized! He is such a practical man!

I had to laugh at his face - his mouth just dropped. It was like I suddenly started speaking in fluent Chinese. Botox?? For WHAT exactly?

I think he's a bit blinded by love (ok, I know he is) but it was awfully cute. He really thinks Botox is madness.

I still won't say 'never' but it's definitely not in the near future for me and I think if I did it, it'd break my husband's heart, bless him! The decision is mine to make but his attitude that I'm perfect as I am is nice to hear :)

Shannon Koehle (reply to Susan Cody)

It's great to hear your husband is so supportive of your natural self. It must be wonderful to hear he loves you just the way you are and wouldn't want to change a thing. I hope I'll be lucky enough to have that one day!

Kristin Davis (reply to Shannon Koehle)

Of course you'll be lucky enough to have that one day! Don't ever settle for less. And remember the golden rule about love -- you have to truly love yourself first (wrinkles and all!!) in order to receive true love (like the kind Susan has) back.

Anonymous

DO NOT DO BOTOX. iT WILL MAKE YOUR PRETTY FACE LOOK FAKE.

Shannon Koehle (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your emphatic comment. So you know, I have decided against it, at least for now.

At what age did you start your anti-aging regime? :