boyfriend of only 7 months will not have sex with me

By November 22, 2010 - 5:04am

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months now and in the last 3 months he has not showed any interest in sex although he gets very jealous if i go out with friends to clubs or if other men even as much as talks to me. I dont know what to think as i have tried to find out what the problem was by asking him straight out , The answer is always the same i dont know what is wrong with me and i am certain that he does know.
I always feel like he is not attracted to me because of this and because he always comments of stick thin models and never anything about how i look.

This is affecting my self confidence as i know i do not look like a model but i know i am an attractive woman to other males, Could it be that he is just attracted to really thin women and i am not his thing, I am a size 8 - 10 not on the heavy side.

Plese help i am confused and i dont know where to take things from here as i can't talk to my friends about this ? :(

Hi Grace

Thanks for your question; I am sure you have seen it's a very common one here!

It sounds like you are both you are very young, is this correct? And you are only dating a short time so he either may not be ready to be serious with you (and this is his subtle, if not hurtful, way of dealing with it) or he's giving you fuel to break up with him.

To be jealous of other men around you but to not communicate with you and make comments about models etc shows a deep lack of maturity. If you have talked it out already and he won't change then you can accept thing as they are, insist he make some changes with you, or you can go on your way instead of being in a relationship that seemingly is going nowhere. The bottom line is you don't have to put up with this; find yourself a man who actually wants to be with you instead of a ton of drama right in the beginning of a relationship. You deserve a lot more!

I think he has a lot of growing up to do and he will realize that when he looks back on his behavior several years from now. You may still be with him or you can choose to leave now (if you think this will never end) but one thing for sure is that this isn't working right now.

You both need to make some changes and sitting down and having an adult conversation with him will be your best start. If he refuses to behave like an adult and hear you out, then the decision is up to you - don't let his moods, behaviors or actions dictate to you what YOUR life should be.

Keep us posted,

No we are not that young, I am in my late 20's and I have experience of being a long term relationship and I have never came across a man who did not want sex. If he really want's to just give me ammunition to break up he did and I have just said ok I want to finish because this is not normal but he refuses to let me leave saying it is his problem as it happened to a previous girlfriend of his and as a result she left.
I can understand her frustration as you just can't tell if it is a physical or mental problem or if it is just you