Brown discharge before period

By May 24, 2012 - 6:11am

I am 28 years old. For the past 3 months I have had brown discharge for 6-7 days before I start my period. My period will last 5-7 days. I will be off my period for a week to week in a half and then start again. I am on the pill lessina (spelling?). Is this normal? I have been trying to get into my obgyn for my yearly but I seem to always be on my period or have the brown discharge and can't go.

Hi Deltagal

This bleeding may be a reaction to your birth control or you may have an underlying issue going on that needs evaulating.

I know it's frustrating to have to book around all this bleeding but try to call early in the morning a few days in a row when you are not bleeding, to see if there are cancelations. This is a common pratice and you are usually lucky within a few days. Or try to see a doctor that works directly with yours.

How long have your been on this Pill? Was it around the time this bleeding started?