Burning sensation sometimes during urination especially after intercourse

By April 17, 2013 - 8:43am

I am 22 and a mother of one 18 months old. For the past 2 years I've had off and on a burning sensation during urination and always when urinating after intercourse. The burning sensation lasts about 2-3 minutes after I urinate and doesn't cause any pain but it is uncomfortable.I have had UTI's in the past and know that it causes discomfort and the urge to urinate even when you don't really have to. I have no urge to urinate all the time and I have no discomfort when I'm not urinating. Does anyone know what this is and how it can be treated?

I first started experiencing this when I was pregnant with my son and went to my obgyn to see if I had a UTI, which I did not. And having had UTI's before I know that that is not what it is.

Does anyone have any advice? This is affecting my sexual relationship with my OH because I don't want to experience the burning afterward.

Hi ladyloonie

Thanks for your question and the answer is pretty simple if you don't have UTI's and this burning during urination after sex is pretty common.

It usually occurs due to the acid levels of urine causing the burning sensation after sex due to lack of lubrication. If you can't sufficiently lubricate then use a little Astro Glide or some kind of sexual lubricant to stop that burning,. I think once you try it a few times, you'll see the burning drastically reduce or stop completely.