ask: Can antibiotics (bactrim) make your period lighter or first time intercourse?

Hello!
and sorry if this is too long but im concerned.
on Feb 20th, 2013 I had my first sexual encounter with my boyfriend, he used condom and pulled out way before he ejaculated, of course I bled a little and for the next 3 days but it was brownish and redish nd it was just like a few drops and I also got a UTI so on sat 23rd I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics smz/tmp 800mg/160mg or Bactrim to treat my UTI...the next morning on Feb 24th I felt sumthing come out nd it blood bright red so I thought my period came since my ovary was hurting a little..its been 2 days since the 24th nd im only spotting bright red blood, usually I have heavy periods nd this time is just a little bit...I was stressing out that maybe I was pregnant but I shouldn't be because we took precautions. I was diagnosed 6 months ago with Polycistic ovary syndrome but it was treated nd my periods started being regular so I don't think is that. why do you think this happened please help!!!! I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet im scared im only 20 yrs old, I don't want a child and my parents would kill me.

Firstly, your parents won't kill you if you are pregnant! Besides, at 20 you are a grown woman !

But I don't think you have very much to worry about since you were using condoms (good for you!) which are very reliable. Bactrim should not affect your cycle but I have read commentary where women have said it has.

There is no cure for PCOS, but there are treatments and irregular periods are common. Are you on the Pill to regulate periods? I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor so see what's going on but it's highly unlikely you are pregnant.

For more on PCOS, click here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-0

curlyhead20 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you so much for your help, i didnt know there was no cure for PCOS. I will talk to my doctor about it!
Thanx again Susan!!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: