Can I get pregnant after having my tubes tied?

Hallo everyone. I am new to this so here it goes. I am 31 years old, had my tubes tied on 11th of Oct 2008. My cycle is normally 30 days and my period normally last for a full 7 days with the first 3 days being extremely heavy. My last normal period was on the 6 July, the next period was on Aug 8 which was +/- 3 days late, it was very light and only lasted 4 days. I have had no period since, have been extremely light head and emotional, I have had headaches and nausea. I have had cramping in my lower abdominal area especially my lower back. I took a pregnancy test on the 10 Sept when my period was 6 days late and it was (-), I could I still be pregnant? I do have this gut feeling that I am.

Thanks for your question and welcome to EmpowHER! 

A tubal ligation is about 99.5% effective so your risk is minuscule at .5%. 

But as years go by, the risk of pregnancy is slightly (only very slightly) raised. Your chances of pregnancy are still incredibly low. 

However, I believe in listening to your gut instincts. While a pregnancy test at 6 days late is usually highly accurate (again, around 99.5%), your risk of having an ectopic pregnancy is much higher than someone who has not had a tubal so you need to have these pains seen to as soon as possible to see what is going on. A blood test at the doctor's office can ease your mind. 

Please make an appointment as soon as you can. Again, while your risk of pregnancy is tiny, there is a slight risk here and it's important to listen to what's going on with your body. 

Will you keep us posted?

Thank you so very much Susan for the reply.
I made an appointment for Monday morning as I honestly feel extremely confused. My gut is telling me one thing and the test is telling me something else.

I will definitely keep you posted.