can my son get hepatitis b from others even he is already vaccinated?

By June 7, 2010 - 4:42am

my son is 3 years old. my friend got hepatitis b. we didnt know that. and he drank from the same straw she drank. so can he get the hepatitis b from the straw? thank you

Dear ari

Thank you for your question and welcome!

Your son should be protected since he has had the vaccine - did he have all his doses?

If you are concerned, by all means contact his pediatrician although it is usually spread via body fluids, shared needles, razors and toothbrushes. As a fellow mother, I share your concerns over these kinds of infections (we worry, even if risks are minimal) but since he is vaccinated, he should be fine.

Let me know what you think-

Hepatitis Guide