can overthinking make my period late ?

By October 13, 2011 - 7:54am

I was expecting my period yesterday but I was overthinking it and worrying that i wasnt because I have outercourse with my boyfriend but from what I understand is you cannot get pregnant by that but Iam also irregular and hard to tell when I expect my period am I over thinking ??
Should I relax? Or shoiuld I be worrying ?

Hi CeeCee

Stress can affect the menstrual cycle although you are only a couple of days late so no need to worry yet. If you continue to be concerned, take a pregnancy test since only you and your boyfriend really know what actions may have risked pregnancy. But if you only had "outercourse" then it sounds like you're pretty safe.